What is Microneedling Treatment?
Automated Micro-Needling (also known as Epidermal Collagen Induction Therapy or ECIT) is a new innovation in aesthetic medicine for the treatment of the appearance of fine lines, acne scars and the improvement of the skin’s texture, tone and color. During this procedure, the Eclipse MicroPen® is used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to aid in the production of collagen and elastin. The skin’s repair process results in a thicker epidermis with a softer appearance of wrinkles. Eclipse MicroPen® also creates micro-channels which allow topical gels, creams and serums to be absorbed more effectively, enhancing the effects in deeper layers of the skin.
What are the benefits?
Reduction in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, improved skin tone and texture and softer, younger looking skin with fewer signs of aging. Eclipse MicroPen®can improve the appearance of uneven skin tone, acne scars, traumatic scars and stretch marks.
What areas of the body can I treat?
Eclipse MicroPen® can be used on all parts of the body: face, neck, décolleté, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back.
How is the procedure done?
A sterile cartridge containing 12 tiny micro-points is attached to the Eclipse MicroPen®. Your skin-care professional will apply sterile saline to your skin and select the appropriate pen position based on your unique needs. Next, in a single motion, the pen will be gently pressed against the skin while simultaneously gliding in one direction until the entire treatment area has been covered.
What does Microneedling feel like?
The feeling associated with the Eclipse MicroPen® is similar to sandpaper being moved across the skin. While some areas are more sensitive than others, the speed of the reciprocating tip makes the treatment more comfortable.
How long does Microneedling Treatment procedure take?
The procedure takes 15-30 minutes depending on the size of the area treated.
What is the downtime for Collagen Induction Therapy?
Immediately after the treatment, you will notice a bright redness to the skin. The total healing time depends on the pen position used and the number of overlapping passes your skin-care professional performs. On average, patients experience redness for 2-4 days. Some patients heal completely in 24 hours. Utilizing appropriate post treatment products can aid the healing process.
When will I see the results from Microneedling at DermaEnvy?
Patients notice an immediate “glow” to their skin. Visible changes to the skin develop over the course of several weeks. Results can continue to improve up to 6 months after the treatment.
How many Microneedling treatments will I need?
Some patients only require a single treatment once a year to achieve optimal results. However, it is recommended for most patients to receive a series of 2-3 treatments spaced about 6-8 weeks apart. For patients with more significant skin-care concerns, such as acne scars, it is recommended to receive 6-8 sessions at 6-week intervals.
Microneedling Treatment Benefits:
• Minimal Downtime
• Minimal Discomfort
• Safe for Most Skin Types
• Natural Results
What should I expect for Post Microneedling Procedure?
• Do not touch your face for a minimum of 4 hours
• It is recommended to avoid sweaty exercise and sun exposure for 72 hours post- procedure
• Avoid washing your face after the treatment
• If the skin feels dry and/or tight, you may apply SKINFUEL hyaluronic acid serum (available at all DermaEnvy Skincare clinics) after the initial 4 hours
• Change your pillow case the day of treatment
• Wipe down your phone and/or glasses with alcohol
• You can wash your face and wear makeup the next day, but it is recommended to wait at least 24 hours to apply any makeup
• Apply a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher the next day (or after you have washed your face)
• Make sure to wear a mineral base makeup, one that does not contain any oils
• Avoid applying any skincare products containing active ingredients for at least 72 hours