Laser Hair Removal
Conditions Treated :
- Unwanted Hair Growth
Never shave again. DermaEnvy Skincare™ can help, offering laser hair removal - where you no longer suffer stubble, bumps and other irritations. Do not allow yourself to be mislead, all research has shown that IPL laser hair removal will give you the results you desire. IPL laser hair removal has never been this easy, fast and affordable. With such advanced technology, there is no reason for you to endure the hassles of waxing, shaving or electrolysis.Patients of all skin colors can achieve the lasting freedom from unwanted hair.
With IPL, laser hair removal has never been this easy, fast and affordable. With such advanced technology, there is no reason for you to endure the hassles of waxing, shaving or electrolysis. Patients of all skin colors can achieve the lasting freedom from unwanted hair.
IPL is the safest and most effective therapy for permanent hair reduction. Treatments are fast, hygienic and do not require numbing creams. Limited sun exposure prior to consultations is required to provide proper skin color analysis. Treatment duration is determined on an individual basis.
Our Laser Hair Removal treatments are usually 4-6 weeks apart to ensure results!
DermaEnvy prides itself on creating a professional gender neutral clinic environment - no robe and slippers here! to ensure everyone enjoys there laser hair removal experience.
Schedule your FREE no-obligation Skin Consultation with one of our Skincare Experts
Laser Hair Removal Q + A
How effective is laser hair removal?
Our lasers have been specifically chosen because they offer the fastest results, with the least amount of discomfort.
Are payment plans available? Each DermaEnvy Skincare clinic is independently owned, However most offer an interest free, in-clinic Payment Options Available - Ask during your Free Consultation for details.
Is Laser Hair Removal for both Women and Men? Absolutely, DermaEnvy Skincare prides itself on creating a professional, clinical, small and gender neutral environment - no robe and slippers here!
Why do I need multiple sessions?
Laser hair removal requires multiple sessions in order to achieve desired clearance. This is based primarily on biological factors – the cycle of hair growth. At DermaEnvy, we consult every individual and recommend a program suitable for his/her needs.
Does the treatment hurt?
Clients will experience a sensation often described as a “hot pinch” or “snapping” feeling. The sensation only lasts for a fraction of a second, and you may feel warmth or a tingling sensation for a short time afterward. Our lasers use a cooling system that helps to cool the dermis and neutralize any discomfort.
Is treatment with laser safe?
Laser hair removal is very safe for the skin. There are many advances in laser hair removal technology for all skin colors. There are no long term health hazards from laser energies used in our systems.
What kind of results can I expect from each laser hair removal treatment?
Each laser hair removal treatment will result in a hair growth reduction. Additionally, hair will grow progressively slower, lighter, and finer with each treatment. It takes more than one treatment to affect all the follicles growing in an area. Many people achieve satisfactory clearance after few treatments, but individual results may vary depending on medical and genetic factors. Lighter colored hair may require more treatments than darker colored hair. At the end of your protocol, the desired outcome is 80% to 100% clearance in the treated area.
How frequently do I need treatments?
Laser hair removal treatments are usually performed every 4 weeks. We will design a program to fit your individual needs before beginning any treatment.
What happens after each Laser Hair Removal treatment?
Temporary pinkness of the skin lasts a very short time, and most people return to work or normal activities immediately after treatment. The treated area will “shed” some hair over the next 3-4 weeks, and you may experience a period of hairlessness in the area while you wait for your next treatment.
What Are Hair Growth Cycles?
Hair growth goes through three specific cycles:
- Anagen Phase – Anagen is the active phase of hair growth and generally lasts for several months. At any given time, most of our body hair is in this part of the hair-growth cycle.
- Catagen Phase – During this brief phase, the hair bulb regresses and begins to shrink.
- Telogen Phase – At the end of this resting phase, which typically lasts a few months, hair is released from the shriveled follicles and the anagen phase begins again.
How Has Unwanted Hair Usually Been Removed?
- Shaving – Shaving is a simple procedure…but it’s also messy and time consuming. (And who needs nicks and cuts?) Shaving is a very short-lasting solution, one that requires a constant commitment.
- Tweezing – Ouch! This quick-fix is not only painful…it’s highly impractical for large areas! And, if you’ve ever tweezed, you know that the hair you pluck will only grow back again.
- Depilatories – Another short-lasting solution. This messy procedure requires a significant time commitment and must be repeated about once a week. Caution: If depilatories are left on too long, they can cause severe skin irritation or even chemical burns.
- Waxing – Edmonton Waxing can cover large areas and may last for a month or so. Yet this procedure is painful, can irritate sensitive skin, and can only treat hair after it becomes visible above the skin.
- Electrolysis – This procedure involves sticking a needle into each hair follicle and applying an electric current. In expert hands, electrolysis can successfully eliminate hair. But because you can treat only one hair at a time, it’s tedious and time-consuming.
Are there Side Effects to Laser Hair Removal? The possibility exists that some side effects or complications can occur, including: Redness, Swelling, Itching, during treatment, Pain, tingling, or feeling of numbness (cold spray), Crusting/scab formation (on ingrown hairs), Bruising (rare), Purpura (purple coloring of the skin) on tanned areas, Temporary pigment change (hypo-pigmentation or hyper-pigmentation). Any side effects occur infrequently and, as a rule, generally are temporary.
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen
- Redness and perifollicular edema (looks like a rash/bug bites) are common and resolve with time
- Bruising and swelling are less common but may occur and will resolve with time
- Hair may take up to 2 weeks to fall out
- Avoid heat – hot tubs, saunas, etc. for 1-2 days
- Avoid skin irritants (examples below) a few days post-treatment - Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc.
- Do not wax or pluck between treatments
- Notify clinic of any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling, etc.)
- Hair removal requires a series of treatments. The number of treatments depends on body location and type of hair.
- Consult with clinic about when to resume skin care regime.
- Hair should be cleanly shaven no less then 24 hours before treatment
- Do not wear makeup on the treated area the day of treatment
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 2 weeks prior to treatment - Includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure, etc.
- Some medications or supplements may increase the risk bruising. Consult with your physician
- No waxing, plucking or tweezing at least 2 weeks prior to treatment - Some body parts may require a longer wait time
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (depilatories, harsh chemicals, etc.)
- Notify clinic with any changes toyour health history or medications since your last appointment
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment
Moncton Laser Hair Removal, Dieppe NB Laser Hair Removal, Riverview Laser Hair Removal, Shediac IPL Laser, Dartmouth NS Laser Hair Removal, Halifax Laser Hair Removal, Cole Harbour Laser Hair Removal, Eastern Passage Laser Hair Removal, Dartmouth IPL Laser, Halifax IPL Laser, Mount Pearl NL Laser Hair Removal, St John's IPL Laser Hair Removal, Conception Bay South Laser Clinic, Paradise NL Hair Removal Clinic, Saint John NB Laser Hair Removal, Rothesay NB Laser Clinic - DermaEnvy Skincare Medical Aesthetics and Laser Clinic, Atlantic Canada's Skincare Experts.